Tuesday, September 28, 2010

9 Months Old!

Maya is 9 months already!


This is the day Maya turned 9 months old


Maya continues to bring us more and more joy every day. The past two days we (Momma and Maya) have been getting out more, taking lots of walks around the neighborhood…and boy, does she come alive when we meet new people! I’m amazed at how social she is. Indonesians always tell me that she is “murah senyum” which means “her smiles aren’t expensive” :) Someone else told me today that she wins the “smiliest baby award”. I agree! We make friends everywhere we go. I’ve been using the Indonesian sling more lately and Maya especially likes being carried in it. I think she gets to interact with the world more this way.

Yesterday on our walk we passed a security guard who works at a school nearby our house and she was smiling and “talking” to him the whole time we passed by. He loved it! She does a lot of talking on our walks…and by that I mean something like a string of gleeful gasps of joy. I wonder what it will be like when she actually has some words! Anyhow, when we were about 15 feet away from this ‘almost friend of hers’, she reached out her hand towards him and made this sort of demanding sound that I interpreted as, “Mom, will you slow down already! I wanna go meet him!” So we did.

She keeps me laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment